10.06.2011

The Halloweenie Quilt Experiment

I bet you thought we weren't going to do it? You thought Chandra and I would buy our fabric and it would be well past Halloween before either of us completed our projects. Well, we impressed ourselves and got our quilts done. Now that isn't to say they are perfect but I am excited to have my first holiday quilt.

Chandra remained true to our original design whereas I got a bit panicky when first cutting the fabric and went with a very similar (ok maybe exact) design as the one I made for Judes last year. As Chandra mentions, she isn't thrilled with the binding (I talked her in to the method from Amy Butler) but I am pleased to have completed it that I am ok with perhaps the less than  professional binding. My only complaint is that I think the batting is too fluffy (that is amateur quilter talk for too thick) so I think I will experiment with other batting for the next quilt. Yes, Chandra and I are in negotiations for the next quilt. Actually we have two we want to try: a Christmas quilt and then a very long-term investment in a hexie quilt.

JT helped me pick out the backing and I have to admit, I think it makes the quilt even better. And just like Chandra's (although we weren't together when purchased) mine has glitter!

Note: the quilt is folded over but it ended up being just shy of a full size quilt. Basically the perfect size for taking naps on the couch.

3 comments:

Lexy said...

It's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

That quilt rocks! Great job!
Lexi

Kassio said...

Very cute! I'm impressed