8.28.2011

The Social (Quilt) Experiment

Chandra and I are kindred spirits for many reasons including our excitement for Halloween and our commitment to crafting despite our many setbacks.
So when Chandra purchased her sewing machine and started checking out various quilt designs it seemed kismet that we would combine our Halloween love with our craft-can-do-(who cares how much we get mocked by our husbands)-spirit. It also helps that Chandra discovered this image:


We took this inspiration, spent our summer searching for fabrics, and now we both have identical piles with the intent goal to create Halloween quilts. The obvious idea being here is how we will both use what we have.



I really like the original design inspiration but admit to feeling intimidated that I don't have a pattern to work from. So with my goal to start cutting my fabric this morning, I am instead online cheating to find a pattern. And I am terrified that we don't have enough fabric and after a panic buy yesterday Chandra and I are questioning one of our fabric choices but we shall see what happens. Really, I just hope that we both get something done before Halloween!

No comments: