5.18.2011

random plug that i dont get paid for

For the first time in my online shopping career I used the website Zappos.com. Ok, really I used the website about a month ago for two purchases: present for grandpa Pete (he needed Charleston flip flops) and new shoes for JT.

Let me just explain one thing. JT and I had been to basically every store I could possibly think of to look at new sneakers for him. It was just a bit frustrating.  Unlike his brother who was drawn to the first pair of shoes that were green, JT hemmed and hawed over multiple shoes. He got upset that I wouldn't splurge $80 on a pair and at one point fellow shoppers may have thought about calling CPS as JT and I battled it out.

And then, on a whim I logged on to Zappos.com (I should really get paid for this plug) and oh! what joy! After I browsed to the appropriate kid, sneaker, sport, whatever section, I walked away and let JT put as many pairs of sneakers in his cart as his little heart desired. I then returned, we edited the cart together, we purchased (3 pairs), they arrived, he tried on, he debated, and then he picked a pair.  And then, this is the good part, I needed to return the two unwanted pairs.  The box with the remaining two pairs has been sitting in my office waiting for me to return. I hit a mild panic the other day when I realized that it had almost been a month (sad huh?) but then I logged on and learned that I get 365 returns and even more awesome Zappos pays for it. I don't know what took me so long to find this place. I logged in, selected the item I was returning, requested the packing slip be emailed to me, and it magically appeared in my in-box.

And a random show related note, JT ordered a pair of Roos Yes the same ones I had as a kid with the zip pocket (except his were navy not pink). Who knew the Roos were making a comeback. He didn't end  up picking those but Zach has already put in his request for a pair of Roos. I should see if they make them in my size.

More non-shoe updates soon.

No comments: