5.25.2011

the end

Hard to believe but we have reached the end of league baseball for JT (not including a June filled with All-Stars) and the end of the school year for both boys (it is officially on Friday).

Our June is booked with baseball, then the first weekend of July we are hosting a tournament to raise money for the Voodoo, someone turns 6, and then we start our annual baseball odyssey (more details on this year's adventure soon).

Here are some shots from award ceremonies from baseball and school. JT got all sorts of awards this year at school: all As for the year, meeting his reading goals, and the metal was for Social Studies Student of the Year for his class.  Zach got an official certificate saying that he is ready for 1st grade.


And speaking of ends, here are JT and  I finishing a 5K this weekend. JT wasn't supposed to run but stepped in and took Rick's number since Rick hadn't been training for the event. I admit I was hesitant about letting JT run with me as I really wanted to complete the full race and thought JT may not make it pas thet first mile. JT promised he would run 2 miles and he did it. We walked for the next half mile and then he finished strong for the last half. JT was a great running partner and is already making plans for "our" next race. We also had my friend Lexy running with us, which was nice for me since I am a codependent exerciser. My goal is to get Lexy and I into a 1/2 marathon.

No comments: