11.05.2010

350

Congrats to everyone! You have successfully powered through three hundred and fifty posts about the Lucas clan. treat yourself to a latte, a beer, a glass of wine. You deserve it.

And for some light, probably tear evoking reading, check out this blog post:

http://nerdyapplebottom.com/2010/11/02/my-son-is-gay/

I have to admit that I don't personally know this woman but I know her experience. While neither of my boys have dressed as Daphne one of our sweetest buds went through an Ariel stage and got some of the same reactions. And of course, I often get reactions from moms who believe they know better when I let Zach out in a Jedi robe, Vader cape, or whatever is preferred persona is for the day. Ugh! Why do parents have to be so mean? Why can't we just let kids be kids and explore what they want (unless it involves knives, matches, and guns - I do have to draw a line somewhere).

No comments: