9.21.2010

Random Notes

Here are random things I think you should all know:

1) I am sorry for my lack of blogging. Life here is just topsy-turvy in some good and bad ways. I promise to get better and for those that follow the Trophy Husband, I made him promise to update his blog because that last, lingering blog post is way too depressing and thankfully he is out of that funk.

2) Everyone please say a prayer or have a thought (whatever works for you) for our dear sweet Ella. She has gotten oddly ill in the past few days. We noticed she was losing weight but yesterday it looked like she lost a ton of weight (to the gross point of bones sticking out) and it seems like she lost her eyesight in at least one eye. She is very lethargic and the poor thing fell off the deck this morning when she went out to go to the bathroom. We head to the vet at 10 AM.

3) Chandra and I are gearing up for our first ever visit to the Fall Antique Show in Round Top. I am going to admit that (and I speak for us both) we were not at all satisfied with our performance at the Spring show. I am definitely the more impulsive buyer of the two of us but this past spring we both swayed way too far to the hesitant buyer and we both have some regrets. We are nervous but we have a plan and it includes a separate cash stash for pie (last year we almost missed out on pie from Royers because they sold out and they were only taking cash for a whole pie).

4) I am knee deep in crafts most of which are Christmas presents so I can't share but keep your fingers crossed that I meet with success. I will take photos and post when the time is right!

5) Because of all these crafts, I decided to give myself a break and I am not making Halloween costumes this year. I grilled the boys, forced them to sign the "I will not change my mind" agreement, and then snuck off to Target last week and made my purchases. It feels odd to have them so early but I am also relieved to have that off my list. Now I just need to keep the boys away from the bag.

6) October will be extra emotional as JT is going to be 8. 8! I honestly have no idea how this happened but it makes me sad. But not a bad sad, that bittersweet sad. He is a great kid but 8 is closer to 10 then I like and 10 is closer to 12 and then 15...

7) Fall Ball has started. We are in a new league (which we love) and both boys are loving it. We are also busy with the select league plans for the Spring but I will hold off on that talk until later this year.

8) My hope of running Austin 1/2 is dimming. I have yet to get a good running routine but I am not going to give up just yet. I just need to take some time to map out a plan and commit to setting work/life aside and getting my runs in.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Yay for Round Top! Don't give up on your half!!