9.21.2010

like a fish to water, a monkey to a banana, a moth to the flame

I made up the monkey one but the story here is that Zach LOVES school. I admit, Rick and I had a lot of angst about Zachy going to kinder and not just because he is the baby (there was lots of that too) but because he is the goofy one. He loves to ham it up especially if there is a captive audience. He did well in preschool but that was two days a week and we were not sure how he would fair 5 days a week.

Well, Zach is rocking kinder. He absolutely loves going, loves talking about his day at dinner, and he really loves the reward system that his teacher has in the classroom. For good behavior throughout the day you are awarded paw prints. Each afternoon before school is out the kids count how many paw prints they have, which according to Mrs. Williams is Zach's favorite activity because he typically has the most in the class. A few weeks ago, he was up to 24 paw prints, which he cashed in for small Peter Rabbit stuffed animal as well as a small light saber (just right for a bunny).

All of this good behavior leads to even more rewards and Zachy presented us with this little gem last night (I do want to tell you that he presented it by putting it in the door of the refrigerator so when I opened the door I was greeted immediately with the certificate).

Candlelight lunch is a private lunch in the library. I have never been invited but from what I know from JT, Ms. Clark (the librarian) sets up the library with tables, white table cloths, and the kids get to have a "formal" lunch with their fellow good-behavior buddies.
And yes, JT has gone to candlelight lunch but he never got a fancy certificate. I always learned about JT going after the fact (oh! what I have to look forward to when he is a teenager).

My final note about kinder, we have been inundated with drawings of a tiger Jedi. Zachy has mastered the tiger and it is now his favorite.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

How cute!! Zachy and Izzy are such kindred spirits!! I knew he'd be great!!