9.28.2010

big surpise...it is baseball time again

Fall ball is here (how many times have I posted this?)

I only I have a few photos. I promise to take more. This year is hectic with Zachy moving up to 6U, which means he now plays with kids that have a range of ability and some coaches that are more focused on the win than the learning (this part makes it frustrating for mom's in the stands).

Zach has been playing pitcher. He says first is his favorite but feel like that may just be because JT plays first because Zach has some awesome technique at pitcher. In t-ball the role of the pitcher is to pretend to pitch so the batter knows when to hit (and the players know when to be ready). Most pitchers in this role weakly pretend to toss the ball. Zach on the other hand, performs the role with great bravado.


I promise to take more photos especially if he ever gets the full follow through complete with the back leg kick in the air.

JT's team is still in the coach-pitch 8U league. This season is interesting as we have several kids who have never played but they have come a long way in the past few weeks and the team is fun to watch. I only have one mediocre photo of JT mainly because I have been tasked with keeping the book this season. No photos of my book keeping just yet as I haven't mastered it, which means there is lots of crossing out and writing notes. Rick is just  thankful that I haven't started doodling hearts and flowers in the margins.


Important thing in this shot is that you check out JT's early birthday present. He got a new first baseman glove at the start of the season. It looks monstrous in this photo but I assure you it is the right size.

And finally, I realize that few of my loyal followers may not be familiar with Zach's buddy Griffin; he is the younger brother of JT's buddy Rhys. He and Zach have suffered through many a baseball game together, which was only made possible by their equal love of Star Wars and the kindness of Griff's older sister Avery who is willing to help entertain them. Zach and Griffin now  get the opportunity to play on the same team. All that said, here is a classic Griffin moment from our game(hint: check out his hat).

Zach and Griffin are really a match made in heaven; they both love to ham it up and even have similar tantrum techniques.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

CUTE dang kids!!!! I've got to see the faux pitch in person!