8.24.2010

First Day of School 2010

Well today marked a milestone, it is officially Rick's and my first day at home with no kids. We have no idea what to do with ourselves until 2:30. Okay, technically I am supposed to be working but it is a bit creepy quiet over here. There are no cartoons on (I may be bold on turn on HGTV), no one is asking to play Wii, no one wants to go outside and play baseball. Honestly, it is a bit sad.

Both boys were up and excited to go to school this morning despite their bad parents who let them stay up late at a baseball game. The morning was oddly smooth, boys showered, dressed, ate, grabbed their bags, and hopped on their bikes.

JT seemed a little more nervous than Zach and asked to be dropped off first. I think I am going to like JT's teacher, she is a no muss no fuss sort of gal and she had things in order and clearly did not care to waste time chatting to parents. She had the kids sitting at their desks and working. Rick and I would have lingered, said good-bye to JT but Zach had no patience for waiting and took off down the hall to his class.

We caught up to him jumping right on in to his day. Rick helpd him get his stuff put away and Zach was sitting down and talking about Star Wars with the little boy that sits next to him. I believe the conversation started with the boy looking at Zach's Star Wars backpack/lunch bag combo and making a comment about only liking Star Wars a little bit. Zach jumped all over that announcement with a long list of all the Star Wars stuff his has.

It is such an odd feeling to have your child(ren) be so comfortable and ready for school. I know I should be thankful that both boys are ready and excited to be at school. The alternative is that they cry and have anxiety issues about being at school. Instead I am the one that wants to cry because this is just the start and life is moving so fast almost too fast.






No comments: