8.30.2010

A Small Miracle

No one cured cancer or solved world hunger over here nor did I find a way to clone myself but this Sunday we went for a family bike ride. Odd thing to get excited about but as I recently chronicled Zach had been on a bike strike since the spring and during said biking strike we convinced him to go on a family run/bike ride out at Brushy Creek (our new favorite trail). As soon as we arrived Zach dug his feet in and it ended in a very unsuccessful run for me and Ella and a mediocre bike ride for Rick and JT.
So fast forward to Sunday and we loaded everyone up (well except Ella because none of us - including her - know how to do that ride a bike and walk a dog thing) and headed to Brushy Creek. Zach was a biking champ and he and I managed to ride 5 miles while Rick and JT did 10 miles. Zach loved every minute but the last few when Rick told him to turn for a short cut at the same moment he noticed that the gravel was too high to make that quick of a turn. Zach got his first major biking injury (just some blood, nothing broken) and managed to cry for a good mile of the ride back to the truck but by the time we were home he was talking about his plans for the next ride.

All that said, I have successfully trashed the house with the moving of furniture in the boys room, a mass cleansing of closets, and the announcement that I hate having my books alphabetized. All of that means I have lots of piles of stuff to go through, stuff to donate, stuff to trash, and stuff that needs a home. It also means that I have totally neglected chronically our vacation and getting my parents and Aunt Paula some long awaited photos.

Maybe after we get back from meeting JT's teacher (it is 2cd grade orientation), I will get some more photos loaded. Just maybe...

No comments: