3.25.2010

Spring Break (part 1)

I am not sure what I was thinking or if I was thinking at all but I decided that we should take a mini-trip for Spring Break to the Space Center in Houston. I didn't think that anyone else in the world would have the same idea as me. Oh silly me!

I've been pondering the best way to detail this 2 day adventure and I am not sure where to start. For me the fun all began when we checked in to our hotel room and below our window we could see water and the parking lot. It was in said parking lot and Rick and I stared, mouths open for a good 5 minutes while we watched place fetch with his dog while his wife held tightly to the leash that their small child was attached to.




Our trip included  two visits to the Kemah Boardwalk, which is a Landry's owned and consists of a dozen or more rides, carnival games, little shops, and about a dozen Landry's restaurants. To the boys it was what they imagine Disney World is like to us it was a bit hellish and caused us to wonder if we should ever attempt a trip to Disney. The highlight of Kemah was that both boys rode their first roller-coasters and both had completely different reactions.

JT rode the Bullet, which I believe scared me more than it scared him. I couldn't get a photo but I did buy one from the ride that I will try to get scanned in so you can see the terror on his face.



Here, in chronological order,  is  Zachy's first roller coaster experience. The gist of this ride is that it goes up a little and then drops down a little, then up higher, drops again, and finally up to the top with a big final drop.





Afterwards he told that the girl next to him was giving him a headache because she was screaming like a girl too much.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

That look on his face is PRICELESS!!!!