4.04.2014

playlist

Funny but I get more personal emails when I post about running than most of my posts. I think it is because whatever our form of exercise is: running, walking, biking, swimming - we can all identify with the struggle to get out do it whether it is because of motivation or lack of time, the great feeling of accomplishment when you do get out or complete a race, and trying to keep up the habit (I just keep telling myself it takes 21 days to form a habit - it has worked so far with my giving up facebook).

I have to admit, I am not getting on with my running plan as much as I had hoped. Life gets in the way. I've be pondering a tri for my 40th but I am a long way from that right now. Barely getting out to walk or run will make it almost impossible to find time to train for a tri.

So to help us all with getting motivated as the  Texas weather finally improves and the rest of the country starts warming up I am providing my list of Top 10 songs for getting out and getting a move on. I've tried running without music and for a while I ran and listened to NPR. I've found that both stress me out while I run because I either spend too much time in my head or I was getting upset with the horrible events in the world. So I have to music and because of that I have an official rule about running playlist: You can't judge a person by the running/exercise playlist as the intent  is to add the music that makes you get up go. To that end, I think I might have some pent up anger as the music that really gets me going are the break-up, getting over your sad self songs. I mean Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" is well loved because it gets us all energized. I have a few slow ones on here and I know there is a whole RPM and your song list strategy but I am not coordinated enough to get my running and music and my pace together. I just need music that gets me going.

Meghan's Top 10 15  20 23 Running/Get Up and Move Songs

I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift
Girlfriend - Avril Lavinge
Titanium - David Guetta (featuring Sia)
Dark Horse - Katie Perry
Voodoo Child - Rogue Trader
Love You Like a Love Song - Selena Gomez
Sydney (I'll Come Running) - Brett Dennen
Ways to Go - Grouplove
Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Mama's Broken Heart - Miranda Lambert
Starship - Nicki Manaj
Wishlist - Pearl Jam
Never Will Be Mine - Rye, Rye Robyn
Wind it Up - Gwen Stefani
I Would Do Anything - Foster the People
Dancing on My Own - Robyn
Trojans - Atlas Genius
Swimming in Your Sea - Bob Scheinder
Run The World (Girls) - Beyonce
Take a Chance on Me - ABBA
Only Wanna Dance with You - Kesha
Fall Down - will.i.am
Night Jogger - Those Darlins


No comments: