4.21.2014

Easter

Easter was a very low key event over here. We all enjoyed having a three day weekend. We finally had some nice Texas spring weather allowing us to spend some time outdoors especially getting the yard cleaned up.

I am excited that I busted out my camera rather than relying on my phone to get our Easter highlights especially since this is really the first Easter the girls got to participate.

Cascarones - we introduced the girls to their first boxes of cascarones and they enjoyed smashing them on the boys.


(Lulu is polka dots and Kit Kat is stripes)


Egg Dying - we went to ye ol' pinterest for some ideas and opted to try the Sharpie method. Basically you draw on your egg and then you douse it with rubbing alcohol. This definitely wasn't our favorite egg dying technique although we all enjoyed the drawing part the dousing part was anti-climatic and didn't really create a spectacular egg. My good housekeeping tip: if you happen to get Sharpie on your wood table, rubbing alcohol will remove it.



Chocolate bunnies - this may have been the girls favorite part. They tackled their own and when those were put up they took on their brothers. I have to admit that at some point we lost two chocolate bunnies and only one resurfaced as a bit of a surprise when it was time for me to crawl into bed. The non-chocolate photo is the boys pouring over the Marvel Superhero Encyclopedia that I got for Zach. It may be my best gift given to date.

(Lulu - is in lady bug pjs and Kit Kate is in breakfast pjs)



I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend.

No comments: