3.04.2014

icicles

There is a small transom window above my shower that I never notice or rather rarely notice but I noticed it today when I went to step in the shower and saw a scene I don't believe I've ever seen in Texas: icicles hanging from my eves.



I know it isn't the best photo and if you saw of photo of me taking the photo that would be funnier but you get the idea.

It has been 17 years since I've lived in a town where it snows. I've spent a few vacations in the snow but it has always been a brief trip and a novelty with the promise of a return to the South so I've never minded. Today I write to proclaim that I have reached my limit of cold. I think it is a bit of karma because in years past I have smiled, wiggled my toes in the sun while I looked at photos of friends up north suffering through a March snowstorm.

It makes me wonder how I ever managed to live here:

I remember walking across campus and my nose hairs freezing. And as soon as it hit 55 degrees we would all be out in our shorts.  I searched through my old photos for some of the snow but I guess we only liked to take photos in the warmth of the sun.  

Don't worry though, it set to warm up in to the 60s tomorrow although it looks like we won't be getting much warmer and there may be rain while my dad is here to go fishing with the boys. And of course, all of my sweet friends up North can sit back and wiggle their toes in the sun come July and August when I am inside hiding in the AC from the 100 degree temperatures.


1 comment:

Chandra said...

I don't know how you lived there either! I don't know how anyone lives in the frozen north!