2.25.2014

Throwing Caution to the Wind

A few Sundays back Rick had the boys, which meant the girls and I were left to our own devices. We had maxed out our adventures at the grocery store and park and the weather was too nice to not want to be outside. It just happens that I had a large canvas sitting around - doesn't everyone? - and thought I'd throw caution to the wind and let the chickens paint. Full disclosure here, I usually don't have large canvases laying around but this one was left over from the TV show. One of my top 10 annoyances with the show was that they wouldn't let me use my artwork in the house. Everything I had was replaced with work that was (hastily) created for the show. Ironically you see more of my actual "stuff" in the pilot episode than you do throughout the rest of the show but that doesn't make up for me having to stare at it for 6 months.

So this is what throwing caution to the wind looks like.


Kit Kat definitely enjoyed painting more than Lulu. In the largest photo you can see her singing while she paints. Lulu eventually got worried about the amount of paint she had on her body more than anything else but also kept adding paint to her body. The boys came home while we were still painting and JT jumped in to lend his touch. Below is what they ended up creating. I am going to leave it as for now and hang it in my room although it was so much fun that I may take it down and repaint it with all four kids or maybe we will just get some new canvases.




No comments: