1.24.2014

Happy Friday!

After the boys did a few rounds of snow dancing we woke to this:

The photo is courtesy of Lizzie who insisted on taking a photo. It is from her level at the back door and that white stuff is ice or snow if you are the boys. It basically sleeted most of the night. 

Aside from that if you are like me you are wondering a few other things about this shot:
1) the chair is knocked over because the winds we insane last night 
2) the blue tarps in the background are for my garden - Rick is helping by killing the weeds so hopefully I can plant in a few weeks (hopefully more on that soon)
3) Rick doesn't know it yet but it is time to repaint my chairs just need to figure out what color this time around. I am in a blue and gray phase so maybe a turquoise.

So school is canceled but oddly not work. We are all home and enjoying a quiet day. I am trying to focus on work but I have a million projects, plans, ideas in my head and sitting at my desk with little desire to work means I may spend too much time looking at websites that only give me more ideas.

Right now I am trying to finish this one.


Rick built this bookshelf when we first moved in (see not so fabulous photo of a photo below). They lived in the then guest room, turned nursery, turned office, turned chicken room. Rick moved them for me to our bedroom. And of course that meant I had to paint them. As you can see I am still missing one shelf because it needs to be fixed and that big blank space in the middle is where I hope to move the TV. Big surprise I somehow have too many books (truth be told to relocate said shelved, Rick had to cut them which meant losing one shelf) so I am negotiating the building another shelf.

Hoping to wrap this project up this weekend. It seems so simple but in between work, kids, and life it seems like these types of activities move at  a snail's pace.


No comments: