6.17.2013

chicken talk

I had that moment the other day, while having a very deep conversation with Lizzie while she bathed, when I realized that I was done having babies. I mean really done. I know I thought that 2 years ago but medically I am done (not to mention my age). It was a brief, sad moment. Not that I want more kids, hell I can barely handle the ones I have, but just that I will never again experience pregnancy or hold my newborn again. Potentially my next baby fix will be 25 plus years (fingers crossed) when the boys have their own babies. The girls are hitting that age when they are no longer babies, they are hitting the toddler stage, and from there it all just goes so fast. Hell, JT is going in to 5th grade this fall. How did that happen?

Chickens are doing great. Kit Kat has mastered walking and has even developed a slow trot especially when she realizes someone has opened a door to the outside and she needs to try to escape. Lizzie hasn't been as interested in walking and  Rick and I both admitted to each other we've been secretly living with some angst and guilt, wondering if Lizzie was going to struggle because we didn't do a better job with her hips. Of course just as the two of us admit that to each other, she starts walking around like she has been doing it for months (and that we are basically idiots for even worrying). I now believe it was a secret trick to get us to carry her while her sister had to walk especially since I hear talk of her almost breaking out in to a run at the children's museum last week to get to a play area.

It is funny to see how they developed differently but the same. Words are starting to emerge although Lizzie prefers to stick to head nodding for yes and no type questions while Kit Kat has taken to repeating baseball and bat around the house. This thrills the boys to no end. They love being outside and they are both loving the pool. They also love to dance. Rick is trying to convince them to be heavy metal babies but what he doesn't know is that I play lots of Top 40 dance music and other horrible songs that would make his ears burn while he is gone and the girls love it. Lizzie loves to sing and is often swaying side to side while singing something that makes perfect sense to her. If you have a few hours to spare, they are big fans of singing Row, Row Your Boat.

I am slowly learning Adobe Photoshop so just maybe if the stars and moon align I can post some photos here soon.

No comments: