7.30.2012

half of a year

Hard to believe the chickens are 6 months (or because I am so late with posting almost 7 months). Of course I have already misplaced the paperwork from the doctor's visit but the girls are close to 15 lbs and long. And  with this age comes movement. Both girls are combat crawling and this week they have discovered that there is more to the house than just the small patch of rug that we typically have them. This also means that they have discovered bookshelves and it is high time that I edit my bookshelves to remove items from the lower level. ugh! I feel too old to be doing this again!

So with all this movement and activity we have renamed the girls the Daughters of Destruction (DOD) as most days the house ends up looking like the first photo below. The top interests on their list: diapers especially if they are still packaged or nicely stacked in their bin, power cords, shoes, and paper. Lizzie especially liked the baskets of magazines that we keep under the coffee table. And even better was that the other day Rick and I both complimented each other on the fact that the baskets were finally removed along with the chorus of  "Lizzard stop eating magazines!" only to discover that it wasn't the parents who thought of that but JT and Zach who wisely moved (and even nicely stacked in a corner) the magazine baskets. Obviously removing torn up magazines from their sisters was interfering with their TV time.



They've also been eating like crazy and have yet to find a baby food they don't like or really any food. On several occasions I've had to fight a baby over dinner as they see any plate (or bowl) of food and immediately dive for it. They seem to take turns as to who eats the most but both are busy at it. 

And to keep life in perspective, the other day JT and I were talking about how this time last year we were en-route to Charleston for vacation, we were all adjusting to the news of twins and I had just scheduled my appointment to learn the sex of the twins. We didn't even know at this point that they were identical.  Crazy what a difference a year can do and how this entire experience has made me realize that there is so much I can't plan or rather that it is silly to try to plan too far in advance because life can change so quickly. 

And one last note, school starts in less than a month. How did that happen?

No comments: