7.06.2012

the fourth

This house is busy and not busy all at the same time. We are constantly going and constantly not going. I am not sure how it is possible but I think 2 boys and 2 babies does that to you. Work has been insanely busy hence my long absence from blogging. I've taken to being a night-owl compared to my early bird past. I've managed to get through 2 seasons of an angsty teen-age drama because I stay up late working. It hasn't been ideal but it gets the job done.

So a few things that I've missed since work and life have been so insane. First off 12 years ago (and a few weeks) Rick and I got married. Not sure it has been at all what either of us imagined those 12 years ago but we both agreed to go for another year.


And this past 4th of July weekend marked another anniversary of sorts. It was this week last year that JT went with me to the ultrasound that has become a favorite tale of ours. Just 1 short year ago we learned that we were having twins. I just remember the panic when the tech said she couldn't do my ultrasound and then the mix of shock and fear when she said it was because we had twins. And of course we can't forget that I texted Rick and he thought I was pulling the greatest prank of all time. It has been a wild ride but we wouldn't trade the chickens in.


This 4th of July was much calmer and more relaxing although someone opted for one too many drinks and found herself wondering why anyone would put the 4th of July in the middle of a week. We spent the day with some friends and Rick's "Uncle" Gene who made a quick trip to see the Chickens.








No comments: