2.13.2012

tough stuff

I am not proud of myself but I am going to admit that I lost it today and found myself yelling at 5 week old twins. It is a vicious cycle for me. The girls and I were up at 8:30 enjoying a Monday morning viewing of Downton Abbey during which time I would nurse one, put her down, nurse the other, put her down, change a diaper, nurse, change, put down, and on and on. During this time and anytime I am sitting on the couch I start to notice dust, dust balls, dirt, and then I start a list of all the things that need to be "done". I know I shouldn't worry about it but it just isn't in me to not worry. (And for the record, it isn't the the house is in horrible shape but when you sit and stare at things all day, you notice.)  So when it hit 12:30 and we were still on the routine, I had yet to shower,  I was hungry for lunch, and had a mental to do list a mile long, I lost it. I threatened them with no prom dresses, told them they were making me go mad, and some other really sweet things.

I took them and their bounceys to the bathroom and let them cry while I showered and then finally after a few rotations between bottles and holding, they both got drowsy enough to put down. The fought the nap at first but slowly they drifted off and this is how I found them (when I dared go back in to my room).


Yes those little buggers opted to go for 100% cuteness and sleep in the same position. To help out that is Lizzie on the left and Kat on the right. So I stood there for a while, watching them sleep (instead of cleaning) and took this photo. It was at this moment that I decided that we really need to figure out how we can add a cleaning lady to our budget especially when I return to work. I may also change my mind on the prom dresses but we've got lots of time before we have to have that discussion.

2 comments:

Lexy said...

Ooooh, such sweet babies!! I think a cleaning lady can be considered a necessity when you have newborn twins -- let alone when you're trying to work full time! In the meantime, Avery and I are happy to come hold babies so you can get things done. I remember that feeling of having a to do list a mile long and being stuck on the couch for hours and hours.

Chandra said...

Thumbs up on the cleaning lady, but the jury's still out on the prom dresses! Ditto what Lexy says - Izzy and I can come hold babies!!