2.01.2012

sleep

Sleep deprivation is a known form of torture. I strongly suggest our military enlist newborn twins for training. A month in and we are trying to adjust still as the lack of sleep is catching up and making for some grumpiness. I recall this feeling with JT. Late at night  I would walk the house with him crying and cursing Rick for getting to sleep (he had to be at work in the morning). As much as I try to manage night feedings, there are nights when they are up together and I have to enlist help. It is hard to remember that this will pass and soon we will experience at least 4-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
I think Rick struggles with the lack of sleep more than I do most likely because pregnancy prepared me with my constant trips to the bathroom and moments of insomnia. Although I have to admit that the lack of sleep is getting to me as the other day I went to Joann's sans babies and while waiting at the counter for my fabric I started to doze off.
In other baby related news, they are officially one month old. Hard to believe. And an important tid-bit, I estimated during a 2 AM feeding that we use roughly 26 diapers a day. Thrilling stuff, huh?

Kat modeling improper use of a bouncey and why parents should buckle in their babies.

Cute little elf hats that a friend knitted for the girls.
Above is Kat (I think - I can't recall who wore which outfit)


Lizard in her cap.

Helper #1 put himself and Kat to sleep while I finished taxes.

Helper #2 was singing and working on dance moves with Lizzie.

My naughty mommy trick of getting a few moments of not holding babies and maintaining my sanity when home alone. I  know it is hard to see but I have bottles propped up in bouncey seats so they can "feed" themselves.




2 comments:

The WoodLand School said...

What beautiful girls!!!

Lexy said...

JT and Lizzie look so much alike in their sleeping pictures! (The one with Lizzie in the purple hat.) So cute!