12.26.2011

12/26/2011

Rick's first question to me this morning was what my plan was for the day. Oddly I have no plan, which I think he is struggling with since I typically have at least one "to do" item mapped out for the day. Outside of finding some way to get the chickens to flee the coup, the first thing that came to mind was removing my Christmas tree. I know it is just one day post-Christmas but here are my thoughts:


  1. The tree is dry and losing needles
  2. I have a sneaking suspicion that one small cat is doing dirty deeds under the tree and now that she doesn't have presents blocking her access she is back to her shenanigans.
  3. I imagine going in to labor any day this week and then having to deal with tree take-down post-chickens
  4. I imagine not going in to labor and having to take everything down prior to my 1/3 scheduled appointment and the mood I will be in at that point.

Since I messed up my Christmas day  photos, I snapped a few this morning (yes, I fixed the settings on my camera) of this year's favorite ornaments. The Anthropolgie octopus from Chandra that feeds my secret octopus obsession, homemade ornaments from both JT and Zach (although Zach's is much cuter in person), and the fabulous ornament that my Fall Carnival co-chair's mom made to help commemorate our successful adventure this fall.

Packing up all these ornaments makes me think about what will be next year. Of course there is no way to know except that we will be a house of 6 (yikes!) that definitely wasn't what I was thinking about 12/26/2010.


No comments: