8.31.2011

Best Friend Betrayal

We all have that best friend, the one who knows more about you (even more than your spouse0, the one that you trust beyond anyone else in the world, the one you call when you foolishly take a pregnancy test at work and get a positive. So you can no doubt imagine how it feels when this friend sends you a text to tell you about this:

At first I ignored it but after one bad day, I couldn't ignore it anymore. I have three obliging sidekicks who were not going to send me to Sonic alone and so we journeyed yesterday after school to check out this magical Pumpkin Pie Shake. It was after that first sip that I knew I was in trouble. After I finished my first cup of yumminess, I seriously spent the rest of the evening wondering how I could justify a second one. (No, mom I did not go and get a second one.)
After I got over my desire to have a second one, I started to ponder the relationship with this so-called best friend. Why would she do this to me? She knows I am in a state of weakness, she knows I love fall treats, she knows I am not in her same obsessive workout routine. Is she really a friend or an enemy? And so I am declaring revenge not only on this friend but on Sonic in general.  It has started slowly by me telling everyone else I know about this new treat. I will not suffer alone. And for that special best friend who opted to tell me about this treat, she can't hide from me. I am formulating a plan and she will suffer come Christmas-time (fair warning!).

1 comment:

L said...

You're welcome!