3.20.2011

Spring Break - The Arrival

Our Spring Break adventures started with me, Zach, and Jet having to drive by ourselves to Galveston to ensure that we made the rental agencies 5 pm check-in deadline. If I can take a moment to digress from the trip itself, to talk about driving through Houston. Prior to marriage, I didn't mind driving, I used to love driving to and from Helena. These days Rick drives and I co-pilot, we have a good system worked out so there was some trepidation on my part with driving to Galveston alone. I knew I could do it but it had been a long time since I had driven more than an hour alone or with a kid and dog. Needless to say, the three of us arrived just fine with 40 minutes to spare. The only bad thing that happened was when I pulled off to get gas and let Jet out, I somehow (ok - it was one of those moments when I tried carrying too many things at once rather than just using my purse) dropped my phone and managed to do this.



As soon as we got to the house, we brought up our bags and Zach, Jet, and I headed to the beach to check things out.





After a quick trip to the beach, Zach and I went back to the house to unpack. I asked Zach to put away some of the items we brought including the cups and found that he took the time to do this.

No comments: