11.08.2010

All I Want for Christmas Are My Two Front Teeth

I had an uncooperative model this morning but as you can see someone is now toothless. This has been a long tooth loss process. Here is the basic timeline:

  • Late September - JT announces front tooth is loose but opts to not mess with it because there is still a fear of pulling the tooth.
  • Mid-October - While waiting for that tooth to fall magically the other one becomes loose and takes the lead for falling out first.
  • Last week - JT starts making promises of a pulled tooth.
  • Friday (11/5) - JT asks Mrs. Barker (his teacher) if she thinks his tooth is ready to be pulled (yes, I did apologize to her when I saw her over the weekend). Mrs. Barker's diplomatic response was something along the lines of "when it is ready, it is ready." This triggered JT's desire to pull, which apparently was a classroom production.
  • Friday night/Saturday day - JT looks like a hillbilly and I deeply regret not having a photo. The original loose tooth magically migrated more towards the center and sticks out at 45 degree angle almost impeding lip closure.
  • Friday night - Tooth Fairy discovers that JT has hidden the tooth too well even for her to discover without disturbing slumber. She writes a note demanding that tooth be left out in an accessible area (preferably the dresser).
  • Saturday evening  - I offer to pay the babysitter extra if she can pull the hillbilly tooth.
  • Saturday night around 9:45 - I get a text from the babysitter that the tooth has been pulled.
  • Saturday night - Upon our return home we learn that the boys and Aubrey (our sitter) decided to try the yarn around the tooth/door trick. Having no yarn, they opted for sewing thread. They tied the tooth and attached the string to the fridge door. Zach got the honors of slamming the door. The first attempt was unsuccessful the the string fell off. The second attempt caused the tooth to loosen drastically and faced with a knot that they couldn't undo, JT pulled the tooth.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

Oh that is some funny stuff! You really do have an amazing babysitter! I'm officially jealous! Tell JT the Basharas say congrats - on both the tooth and the sweet babysitter!

Janet said...

Ugh! My tooth hurts now. My kid is never pulling his/her teeth. I forbid it - it's too gross.