10.26.2010

Eight is Great!

I started thinking about this blog earlier today. I wanted to talk about JT turning 8 and about having to put Ella to sleep last week. Two heart-breaking topics although one is happier than the other (far  happier). All of this was pushed aside as I found myself starting at day 1 of this blog and walking through all that has happened in our lives during the past 2.5 years of this blogs existence. There is so much that I have forgotten (train track to the head, winter baseball in 90 degree weather) and so many cute photos of the boys. I can't believe how much they have grown. Which is the perfect transition in to the Great Eight.

As with every birthday, JT is planning months in advance and he has BIG ideas many of which I just didn't have the time to bring to life but despite his mom's crazy work schedule we were able to pull off a fairly decent event. Brief overview - somehow this party grew to me having 11 boys at my house for a slumber party (note: 2 had early departures - 1 because of Sunday commitments and the other for puking). The theme was set as Halloween/baseball/football/scary movie night. We ended up with a mix of costumed/uncostumed children, pizza, cupcakes, wildness, Goosebumps movies, and a baseball game in the morning. Here are the best photos to complete the overview:


The Invitations



The Cupcakes

The party hit - Apple Bobbing
I think we spent over 30 minutes bobbing. 

Zach in action


And then all hell broke loose. This started as the sweet game of wrapping your teammate in toilet paper to be a mummy and once we had the mummies a TP fight ensued. The good news, they all cleaned it up afterwards.


1 comment:

Chandra said...

Looks like a KILLER party! You are super mom for sure! The invites turned out amazing! And the TP fight looks like so much fun!!!