4.14.2010

That Thing

The  boys are getting big, really big. It is heartbreaking in a way and exciting as I know we have lots of adventures ahead of us. Of course, as they grow they start outgrowing some of the things that I've grown attached to. One such item is this silly little table I bought at an unfinished furniture store. It was one of those projects that I had great plans for but ended up painting it white and stupidly forgetting to seal it. The table has been well loved by the boys. It was used for countless art projects, served many a dinner with special guests, and easily converted to a fort when needed but it is too small for my two growing boys. I held on to it for as long as possible but realized that it was time to let go. Fortunately for me, I was able to find a good home with Izzy's brand new cousin Brooke. It will need to be cleaned up and painted but I am thrilled to know that Brooke will get her chance to make some fabulous projects and eat meals at it.

Before I passed on the table, I took a few shots. I didn't want to give it away without capturing one of the best known Darth Vadars that have been drawn in this house.


No comments: