4.14.2010

Round Top

This was my 3rd year at Round Top and I love it just a little more every year. Each year is filled with interesting people and loads of interesting items for sale.I love to see some of the collections that people put together and what pieces seem to be the hot items (by hot I mean multiple dealers have them in their booth).  I usually find myself wishing I had a bigger house, a large truck to haul everything in and wishing we had rented a hotel room. This year may have been one of the best because Chandra and I got to go without kids.

I didn't get too many shots but here are some of my favorite items.

Who Doesn't Need Civil War Barbies?

Lots of turkeys this year - I came home and made sure mine were in a safe place.

No clue really what was going on here but I had to pull Chandra away from buying this one.

This isn't an antique but who doesn't love bad grammar?

This is my purchase - you can't tell from here but you open it and there is a hidden leaf that makes it into an oval shape table. My purpose for going was to get a new dining room table but I didn't find one. I settled for this table and admittingly I had some buyers remorse but I think I am over it.

Chandra and I agreed we will go to the much smaller October Round Top event and see what we can find. Come on down if you are interested in going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After my display with the statue in NOLA, you can only imagine that I too would have wanted the lower half of the manequin! Lexi