10.27.2009

seven

Sad but I didn't take many photos from JT's birthday this weekend. Here is a quick recap of the events. First it started on Friday with the delivery of Burger King at lunch (Rick, Zach, and I stayed and chatted it up with the 1st graders at lunch) and then some eyeball cupcakes for his class. Saturday started with a baseball game. We got home just in time to clean up our mess from the morning before Malik and William came over. We took the boys out to dinner at JT's favorite joint - Pluckers. We then came home for cake and the boys settled in to watch spooky movies. They dined on a bucket of popcorn (something JT has been asking for ever since the Popcorn Factory catalog started showing up) and things got a little crazy when they decided to mix Fanta Orange soda with Strawberry soda and Rootbeer.
Sad but true - the boys were out by 10:30 and slept in until 7:30. JT claims that they woke up in the middle of the night and goofed around but I am not sure I am buying that one. Even more sad is that Rick and I were on the same sleep schedule.

Sunday morning included a special donut delivery from Izzy, who I think realized a boy slumber party is not something she wants to experience.

JT ended his birthday weekend with a trip to Target where he purchased the coveted Nintendo DS that he had been saving money to purchase. He requested donations from all his grandparents and lucky for him he has some generous grandparents that helped make the purchase possible.




My one piece of birthday advice is to never have your friend, who can make really cool cakes (you may recall the bleeding spider cake from a few years back) make a cool cake because you have to listen to your child question your cake making abilities as compared to your friend's.

The good news is that after several lavish events, JT said that he thinks he may like the smaller party better. I hope so because I am certain my big birthday bash days are over (sorry Zach).

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Darn Suzette and her cake skilz! Haha! But seriously your cake turned out great and I LOVE the eyeball cupcakes! What did you use for the center?