10.23.2009

my baby

As I write Joseph Turner is 40 minutes away from turning 7. Of course he is sound a sleep, no doubt dreaming of baseball or the DS he hopes to acquire with his birthday loot. I am not sure I am coping well with 7. I already shed a few tears when I had to move out the young boys section to find a pair of size 8 jeans. I want my baby to stay little and never leave but there is also that part of me that is so excited to continue to watch him grow and turn in to the fabulous young man that he is becoming.

I have no idea where 7 years have gone. My memory typically fails me but I remember every minute of JT being born, I remember Rick and I begging the hospital to let us go home because all we wanted to do was sit at home and stare at this new little bundle.

JT is a great kid and we probably don't give him enough credit. He has a great sense of humor, he is forever curious, he is always willing to try something at least once, he is compassionate, he is always planning or organizing, and for every time he beats up on his brother there are at least 5 more times he is helping Zach, encouraging Zach, or just loving on Zachy. There are about a million more fabulous things to say about that little bundle who has grown up way too fast.

JT requested a low key birthday with two friends, dinner at his favorite restaurant, and then a night of spooky movies. Oh and some carrot cake. I'll get a few photos and post them later this weekend.

Hopefully tonight he will sneak in to our bed to cuddle because I know soon he won't want to do that anymore.

3 comments:

The Ogden's said...

awww, Happy (late) Birthday JT!!!

Chandra said...

Aw, you made me cry. Thanks a lot! And, oh yeah, happy birthday jt!

thenguyens said...

Wow. 20 years from now JT will be so happy to read what you wrote about him. What a good mom you are!
Happy Happy birthday to JT!!!