9.10.2009

sometimes i mess up

When we learned that Zach's preschool was closing down, we did some research to see what our options were in town but after paying just $100 a month it was hard to justify paying $300 for two-day a week preschool.

I admit I had some reservations about leaving Zach at home all day; mainly I was concerned that he and Rick would tire of each other. But after much thought I came to terms with the idea until I was talking to a friend and she mentioned how much she loved the preschool they used (at a church they don't attend), which oddly enough I stare at every day from my (home) office window. And if that wasn't kismet enough, it turned out that the director of the program is a mom from our All-Stars team. I name dropped, I pulled a few strings (okay, I emailed and they had 1 opening left for Zachy).

So here is Zach on his first day and school. He was and is super excited about going to school. And I guess I was wrong about him being okay with no preschool. I have to admit that as much as I loved our former school, this one does seem pretty neat and they definitely run things almost exactly like JT's kinder class was, which I think will help Zach get ready for next year.


Here he is in class. He asked that we not walk him to his room (like JT) but this school requires us to sign him in and out. Check out the cool butterfly tights on the girl behind Zach.

And this is what we saw when we came to pick Zachy up. I give him credit, he is honest and why set great expectations for learning about Jedis or the Healthcare Crisis when there is a good chance that isn't what the teacher has planned.
And on a final Zachy note (if you've made it this far), Zach had his 4 year checkup. He weighs in at a slight 54 lbs and his height is 44". He is in the 95% for his age and we were told that basically he is the size of most 6 year olds.





No comments: