7.28.2009

pause

I know everyone wants a Zach update but right now I am so overwhelmed with the 50 to do lists I've created, the million tasks at work that pop up just before vacation, the overwhelming guilt of leaving so much work for my two favorite co-workers, and the uncertainty of how I will repay the kindness of said coworkers and the friends that are providing love and care for the 4-leggers in our household.

Of course, that doesn't mean I am too busy to stop and read a fascinating piece on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111083779&sc=fb&cc=fp

My first thought - why the hell didn't I get a major tampon manufacturer to sponsor my trip to the conference? I have a serious blog following (and by that I mean my mom). I also have things that I could give away (JT, Zach, and Rick - I've tested them all and I can speak to their good and bad qualities).

But seriously it takes me back to my previously documented curiosity (or long-winded monologue) with the world of blogging. As if i don't get enough reality tv to rot my brain out, I can also waste hours of my days reading about the life and times of others that I will never know (in person that is).

Maybe I won't get famous or get a book deal via my blog but I am darn grateful that I have a way to keep up with so many great friends that I don't get to see so often and I can keep my loyal followers (mom - that is you again) updated on all the minutia of our days. I am also thankful that I won't have to enlist the legal advice of friends when the Federal Trade Commission finishes outlining their advertising guidelines. I pledge to keep this blog pure and free of paid advertisements (unless someone like Martha or Target approach me with a deal I can't turn down).

Now pack to packing...

No comments: