7.23.2009

Ode to Zach

Four years ago I spent Saturday night at an auction sipping some wine with Michelle. I remember getting home and going straight to bed. I didn't sleep long as I woke with a strange pain in my stomach. By 2 am, I was in the tub soaking and hoping the pain would go away. By 6 am I realized that this strange pain came at a regular interval. Contractions! I had missed out on contractions with JT thanks to a fabulous epidural. I called Michelle and after she took JT to her house, Rick and I made our way slowly to the hospital; nothing at all like the speeding, panic drive we took when my water broke with JT.

Hard to believe that Zachy has been around for 4 years. Every day he gets funnier and smarter. He can also be extremely stubborn but he makes it almost impossible to stay mad at him for too long. He keeps all three of us on our toes. And most importantly, he can whistle a mean rendition of the Star Wars theme song.

I put together a few of my favorite early Zach photos. I know I will have lots more after we spend weekend celebrating our favorite Jedi.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Are you saying you drank wine while you were pregnant? Happy birthday Zachy - my future son in law! Here's to many more!