6.18.2009

sexy for the summer

Instead of stressing about losing weight, looking good in my swimsuit, and looking fabulous for Rick's 21st high school reunion, I opted to get the boot. It is easier, takes attention off all my problem areas. I get to wear this baby all day and all night; yes that means I get to sleep in it. I also get to wear it in 100 degree weather while watching countless t-ball games. I am the luckiest gal in the world!


The real problem here is that I developed plantar fasciitis a few months ago. I ignored it for the most part believing it would go away. Then slowly, it kept me from being able to really run but I ignored that and kept pushing on until about two weeks ago, I went for a run and while the run felt great by that evening I was barely able to walk. I had pain that stretched from my foot to my hip. Turns out that along with the PF, I've developed tendinitis in my ankle. The doctor gave me the boot as she believed the best treatment at this point is to immobilize my foot. I should have this baby for 3-6 weeks along with some PT, which I start today. Let's hope this works. I will at least be sporting one nicely tanned leg and one white leg for our summer vacation.

2 comments:

Kassio said...

Hang in there! At least your toes look divine! Jackie had that chronically too and ended up having some wild treatment that seemed to alleviate most of the problem. I want to say it was a little hammer or laser treament that pulsed on the foot...I can ask her if you need more options after the boot. Good luck!

Chandra said...

That is hawt baby!