4.06.2009

Round Top, Texas


After having such a fabulous time last year, I was very eager to head back to Round Top for their Antique Festival. I couldn't justify taking JT out of school for the day (despite his protests of really, really wanting to go), which meant I had to use my power of persuasion on someone. Luckily Chandra fell for it and we both had a fabulous time and Zach and Izzy were troopers.
There is so much to see and we hardly covered 1/4 of it but I did manage to find lots of doll parts this year. No idea why they were such a hot item. I even saw a woman buying two doll heads. I should have asked. I didn't get anything despite every attempt I made to spend money but Chandra found some additions for her tea cup collection. Chandra is still a little bummed that I didn't buy the leg braces and prop them up on the bench in the hallway.

My only regret (outside of not getting anything) is that we missed the Fontane crowd. I guess we will have to go back next year!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Why.so.many.doll.parts? WTF!