2.11.2009

Potty Chronicles Part 3

Things that Zach has recently told me during out potty training adventures:


"I don't like diapers"

"My pee is this color" He was holding a yellow M&M up close to my face.

"I just farted on Obi-Wan" This comment was to me and also to Obi as several times Zach also said "Sorry Obi I farted on you." Obi-Wan's face is on Zach's butt on a pair of his unders. Yes it is a bit disturbing to see his face there but hey, it makes my kid want to use the bathroom so I am getting over it quickly.

"I can feel the poop!" Rick caught Zach with that glazed, far away look and asked him if he had to use the potty. Of course Zach said no but a few minutes later he came running up to me with the afore-mentioned statement.

"My poop is going to the party!" I can't remember who or where I heard the story about kids or a kid that was afraid to poop on the potty because they didn't know where the poop went. Neither of the boys ever seem to care or mention it but I also tried a preemptive strike by wishing the poop good luck as we flushed it away and with Zachy I told the first poop to have fun at the party. I am now suddenly disturbed by how I have personified fecal matter.

"Come look at my big poop!" One of the many strange changes that occurs when you are a parent, you go and look at your child's poop. Like I would ever walk up to Rick and ask him to come look at my poop or vice versa but none-the-less, checking out what Zachy has deposited has become a family event.

We are slowly but surely making progress. Zachy is adamant about keeping his diaper dry at night, which he has successfully done. Rick is willing to take a chance tonight and let Zach go without a diaper. Yikes! Keep your fingers crossed!

After this adventure with Zach is over, I am moving on to Sam the cat who in old age (he is coming up on 12 this year) has decided that it takes too much effort for him to step in the litter box when he has a poop and instead creates his own poop party right next to his box. I guess I should be thankful that he doesn't pee outside the box. I wonder if I can put all of Zach's leftover diapers on Sam?

Ok - tired of poop talk? Fingers-crossed, we may soon have two boys in unders, which means Grandpa Pete and Nana Juju have to follow through on that promise to watch the boys while we take a trip.

No comments: