10.26.2008

our first slumber party

After 4 years of hosting big birthday parties, I decided that this year JT needed to downscale. A month ago the idea of having 4 of JT's tball buddies come over for a slumber party sounded perfect. The plan was simple, have 4 boys come over, order pizza, watch a movie, eat cake, sleep in a tent, wake up, and send them home. It sounded so easy and so relaxing for Rick and I.

The pizza part was fine, the movie part was okay but it didn't last long as 8 kids never want to sit and watch the same thing. We completely skipped cake until the next day. The tent was fun for awhile but we went through several people placement issues before calling the whole tent plan done around 10 PM. Waking up started at 6:15 despite some people not going to sleep until well after midnight. I think the only part that went as planned was the parent pick-up.

We had a good time but needless to say, it will be a long time before we have more than 2 kids spend the night. If you are planning any sort of slumber party, call and I will give you my tips. My best piece of advice is to be sure you wear them out and I mean really wear them out before you put them in a tent or room together.

3 comments:

The Ogden's said...

What a cool BDay party!
I think I'll hold off on a slumber party for another 4 years or so ... HA

Chandra said...

That looks like quite the party! I'm recruiting you to help with our first slumber party! You can handle about 10 emotional girls right?

Pancit said...

Wow! I might be hitting you up for some tips. I always wondered when a good time would be for a slumber party.