10.13.2008

WARNING: Halloween Spoiler

You all have been warned that this posting is going to ruin Zachy's Halloween costume surprise but the kid is way too cute and obsessed with Star Wars to not post these photos.


This all started innocently back in March when I bought the Wii. Had I known then what was to come, I would have skipped the Wii. Last month being misguided by a Toys R Us ad, I took the boys to get a Wii game. I thought it was basically buy one get one 1/2 off but it was really buy any $19.99 game and get another $19.99 game 1/2 off. We didn't know this until we made it to the counter with Lego Star Wars and PowerPros. It was a back and forth and finally the boys agreed that LSW was the best pick. JT was hooked immediately and Zachy would just watch him play. Eventually Zachy took at a stab at it and now the child knows how to play the game better than Rick and I.

Then he went to the Clone Wars movie, which meant Target started selling Clone Wars toys. And then Josh lent the boys the movies and it basically has all gone down hill from there. Not a day goes by that Zach doesn't want to discuss some aspect of Star Wars, be it the game, the movie, or the Clone Wars cartoon. Since he tortures us daily we retaliate by calling Count Dooku, Count Doodoo, which causes Zachy to put on his angry face and remind us of the proper pronounciation.

Which leads me to his Halloween costume and his whapper. He wanted to be Obi-Wan but I wasn't real thrilled with the $30 costume so I offered to make him a Jedi robe and tried to convince him he could be Yoda. He said yes to the robe but no to Yoda as he had only seen movie #5 at that point and Yoda wasn't all too thrilling. Thanks to movie 3 and the Clone Wars, Zach has discovered that Yoda has electric and is the most powerful Jedi.

I had some muslin that I bought for some craft that I never did and thought I'd try to make a pattern. The robe turned out well and we are going with this one although I am going to dye it brown as there have been many a Klan reference when the hood is on. The Yoda ears are on loan from Josh. I live in fear of Zach hurting them as Josh's mom made them at least 25 years ago. I try to keep them hidden until I have time to make a set of my own.

The Whapper is on loan as well. It was Zachy's reward for pooping in the potty and as you may guess it appears and reappears based on Zachy's decision to use the potty. He will at least get to have it for Halloween as I have no hopes of being diaper free in two weeks.


Whapping dad to work harder at cleaning the kitchen.
The Yoda ears (on backwards).

3 comments:

Chandra said...

TOO CUTE!!!

thenguyens said...

GREAT story. I can relate all too well....about both the Wii and Star Wars. You put all of us "buy the costume at Target moms" to shame w/ the costume. VERY creative! Zach is one lucky little dude.

Pancit said...

Yeah, the Wii is both a blessing and a curse. Theo loves his Wii, and he also can't live without his DS. Geez...all my bro & I ever had was the dinky Atari, and it wasn't even the cool 5200. It was the 2600 with the dinky graphics (where Pac Man ate the hyphens instead of the dots)! LOL!