10.23.2008

cookies

Fall is here, which means it is time for me to break out my mad cookie decorating skills that Michelle and I learned from Central Market many years ago. The pumpkin faces were harder than I thought, which was a bummer because I made a ton of pumpkins. I wish I would have stuck with the owls and tombstones.
I also tried a new recipe for sugar cookies that had some fall spices in them. At first I wasn't sure and was surprised that the boys wanted to eat them without frosting. They weren't too shabby and a good twist on the standard sugar cookie recipe. If you have a good sugar cookie recipe, send it my way; I am still searching for the best one.

2 comments:

thenguyens said...

Looks like you haven't lost your touch. And it looks like you've been busy baking. Yum. Pass along any great sugar cookie recipes you have. I don't make them because I don't like any recipes I've tried.

Chandra said...

Those were some good cookies! Thanks for sending them home with Josh! Izzy said they were 'too sweet' (I don't know what is wrong with that child) so I got to eat ALL of them! Lucky me!!!