9.10.2008

zach is 40

Zach had his 3 year check up today. We realize it is 2 months post birthday but it was the earliest we could get and see our pediatrician (whom Rick and I love). Anywho, I arrived a few minutes late b/c I was at my own doctor appointment. When I got there Zach was being extra shy and Rick had just suggested that Zach tell Dr. Unite about Star Wars. Zach hesitated but then Dr. Unite was able to locate a Star Wars sticker in the sticker basket (everyone gets one post exam). Well once Zach saw this he was on a roll for the next 5 minutes. Everything Zach could think to say about the Clone Wars movie to all the stuff he has learned to do on Lego Star Wars (for the Wii). At one point, he got extremely serious and told Dr. Unite: "I don't got any Star War movies, no cartoons, no toys just the Wii game." Dr. Unite made a note in Zach's file and said he would have to file a report with CPS since we clearly are not providing for our child.

The exam went well. Zach is going great. His height and weight both came in at 40. He is in the way top percentile for both (go figure). We are going to get a referral for an occupational therapist to review Zachy's snake technique for eating (he prefers to swallow most food whole especially lunch meats and hot dogs), which at times results in him puking or gagging, They will watch him and decide if we need to take some additional steps.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

Yay Zachy! But I am pretty upset to hear how you are depriving that boy. If I had known this I would have certainly gotten him a Star Wars movie for his birthday.

thenguyens said...

Hooray for those 90th percentile kids! Between baseball, Wii and Star Wars I bet we have identical conversations at our houses.