9.15.2008

ike

I have to admit that I spent a good deal of time at work on Friday tracking Ike. While I didn't want any terrible weather, I was hoping we could get some rain and maybe a thunder storm or two. Of course, Austin was completely missed as Ike moved too far east to affect us.

The bad news is that Rachel's parents got hit pretty hard in Winnie. I haven't gotten a report on the cows but you can link to Carol's blog (she gets Internet access every now and then) from Rachel's and Rachel is also posting updates.

The other bad news is that the beach we went to a few years ago (Crystal Beach) has been completely destroyed. This makes me very sad as I loved it there and as Rick can attest I constantly beg him to go back. And as most of you know Galveston was hit hard too. We've been several times to Galveston and each time it has grown on me just a little more. I highly recommend reading Isaac's Storm, which is a great history of the hurricane from 1900 and the town of Galveston.

Here are two random photos of our trip to Crystal Beach. Our house was the yellow one behind Bella and JT. I haven't confirmed but I am sure it isn't there anymore. It was such a fabulous spot.
Here are the kids the first morning. Holy cow, I can't believe how much they've grown in two years. Zach was just 1 year old in this photo and Bella and JT had yet to even think about going to school!



2 comments:

Chandra said...

OMG Tori and Zachy are just little babies there! How cute!

thenguyens said...

What a bummer. Maybe you can find a new house for the next trip! What's up with the hurricanes lately? I blame GW. (hope I didn't offend anyone)