7.24.2015

10 Already?

I like to torture the kids on their birthday by sharing their birth stories with them. Today in great detail I recounted how I spent the evening before Zachs birth with Michelle at a high-end auction, watching people bid large sums on ornate furniture, and talking to the couple next to us who shared their picnic of wine and cheese. I carelessly sipped the sparkling wine and ate soft cheese despite knowing they are all on the banned items list for pregnant women.
My labor with Zach was the toughest of the three but even then it really wasn't that bad. He was demanding the first few days at the hospital but since then he has been the most easy going guy. He is always ready to offer a hug, comfort someone when they are sad, or provide a witty remark. He is happy to spend hours pouring over atlases, encyclopedias on airplanes or cars, and memorizing random facts.
I know he is my kid but he is really fun to hang out with. I am looking forward to continuing to watch him grow and develop in to an even better kid than he already is.

No comments: