2.23.2015

so this is 40

Well it is clear that old age has settled in because I've started and forgotten this post so many times that I can't recall what my original thoughts were and my thoughts probably weren't that original. I think I had wanted to provide some great insight in to what it meant to be 40 but I have nothing really. I don't know that it is much different than any other year with the exception that I think with every other decade turn the thought was about what is yet to come and with this one I find myself not so focused about what is yet to come but appreciating the now.

A quick birthday recap. I was treated to some fun afternoons and evenings out with friends before and after my birthday. I was surprised by flock of flamingos on my yard the day of my birthday. And yes there are 40 flamingos. This little flamingo stunt has alerted basically everyone in Pflugerville to my new age and I've been stopped at the grocery store and at school and wished a happy birthday (because "I saw the flamingos").



This past weekend, I got to sneak away with some good friends for a quick Girls Getaway to Fredricksburg. It was fun times. I am probably not supposed to share the details but needless to say we laughed, we ate and drank too much and really we just got enjoy each others company without the distraction of life and kids. It was quite the treat.

Here is my deep thought for turning 40. Again nothing original but more some thoughts on moving forward and where I hope to place my energies as I work through this next decade.

Wakan Tanka, Great Mystery, teach me how to trust my heart, my mind, my intuition, my inner knowing, the senses of my body, the blessings of my spirit. Teach me to trust these things so that I may enter my Sacred Space and love beyond my fear, and thus Walk in Balance with the passing of each glorious Sun.  - Lakota Prayer


No comments: