5.21.2014

BES Wax Museum

Feel free to go back through my blog and count how many times I've made this statement but I seriously can't believe how quickly time flies. Just recently this adorable little guy was making his way to kindergarten and today we attended the Wax Museum, which is one of those final 5th grade rite of passage type events.


The gist of the Wax Museum is that each student draws a historical figure from a hat and then they are responsible to research that person, write up a brief speech, and then participate in the wax museum as that person. This means for 2 hours they have to stand as still as possible (in a very hot gym) and wait while people push their "buttons" at which point they recite their brief piece about who they are and why they are famous.

Here I am trying to get William Penn to laugh. I figured since he had been booted from Oxford, he was a guy that likes to have fun. Apparently not when fun is his mom is embarrassing him.





And I don't know what is going on here but this was Kit Kat on her way to school to visit William Penn.


And this is Lulu fearlessly tackling the big slide with the big kids. 


No comments: