5.18.2012

one year

It has been such a busy week here. We are winding down with Zach's league ball and JT's tournament team as well as all the end of year events that are going on at school. Add on top of that two babies and a super crazy, busy past week at work and it makes for one tired mom. I promise this weekend to load some photos but I can't let this week pass without mentioning the significance of this week.
It was one year ago that we learned our lives were going to get a bit crazier. It started with two strange occurrences. The first was that Rick bought me a really nice bottle of wine and when I poured my first glass I almost threw up because the wine tasted so bad. I remember the heart break as I poured the glass down the sink and thought I'd try again tomorrow. Instead of trying another glass the next day that wine bottle sat on the counter for about a month, mocking me because later that night (and prepare yourself for a little TMI) I noticed that my boobs felt really odd and odd like "I remember feeling this way when I was pregnant" odd.  From there things pretty much went downhill. I recall that was a Sunday night and the next day I bought one of many tests because I just didn't believe that I was pregnant.

Crazy to think time has gone by so quickly. Today the girls are close to 5 months, they weighed in this week at 14 lbs, they are rolling, laughing, teething. They sleep fabulously at night but they tend to only sleep about 20 minutes a pop for naps. Obviously this makes it hard to get much done around the house.



2 comments:

Lexy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexy said...

Oops, sorry, I meant to add to -- not delete -- my comment.

Awww, I'm so glad you had this surprise!

That pic of Kat (right?) down at the bottom left is just gorgeous! Those eyes!