10.26.2011

a good night on the couch

Many a night we have a visitor or two come to our room and sneak in to bed with us. When they were little, little we didn't mind so much but now that they are big and our bed only a queen, it gets a little too crowded. Granted the two of them have really stopped coming in especially since most nights they sleep together; however every now and again someone sneaks back in.

Last night Z came in to our room. Normally, I would just stay in bed but being monstrously large and trying to share a bed, isn't always the most comfortable and truth be told I was wide awake when he came in (I seem to have developed a bit of insomnia although I have yet to take good advantage of it ala Martha Stewart style; I usually lay awake wondering how long I should try to fall back to sleep versus getting up). When Zach got in our bed, I sat up and drank some water. Zach in turn cuddled up next to me, patted by belly and said:

"Good Night Chip and Dip. Have fun sleeping out on the couch."

He then kissed my belly, adjusted my pillow to his liking, and fell fast asleep.

Chip, Dip, and I did have a nice night on the couch along with two cats and a dog. Maybe it is time for a new, bigger couch.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

You need one of those big IKEA couches that take up the entire living room!