9.19.2011

Roadtrip - Charleston

I am ashamed that I have yet to finish our road trip chronicles and even worse that I have not documented from our final destination and visit with Pete and Judes. Prior to getting to Charleston, almost everyone we spoke with talked about what a fabulous place Charleston is and we have to admit, they weren't wrong. For me it is almost the perfect city, not too big, lots of fabulous dining, and you are maybe 30 minutes at most from one of multiple beaches. I am not sure really what the downside is to Charleston; maybe there isn't one? Maybe hurricane season?

I am relying on the slide show again, this time with captions to highlight some of our fun.  I think for me this trip was perhaps our most educational. There is just so much history in the city and so many places to visit. The boys really like Fort Sumter and JT loved (although I have no photos) the ghost tour he and Rick took where they learned all about the pirates. Sadly (at least to me) we only hit one of the historic homes but hopefully next time at least I will be able to see some of the plantations and other homes in the area. I am a little sad that we won't be able to be there for Christmas as I was told the homes are truly fabulous then.

No comments: