8.23.2011

The First

Today is the first day of school. Hard to believe. It was a bit abnormal morning for us as Rick was asked to sub for the first two weeks and he had to be out the door earlier. The boys and I managed to pull it together with just a minor hiccup but my photo taking definitely suffered and it didn't help that poor Jet had no clue what was going on and wanted to be in every photo.


A disclaimer here for Nana - JT's hair was combed out before he left. He had used some water to wet down his bed head.

The walk to school was interesting. JT who is usually more like me, shy and nervous in new situations, was full of energy and excited for the first day. Zachy on the other hand, who is normally very gregarious like Rick, was silent and obviously very nervous this morning. And to make matters worse, we didn't notice before we left the house that he had his sock on too low so while we walked to school he was complaining that it was hurting. And of course since I am quickly losing my ability to bend down and didn't realize what was going on, I asked him if he could make it to his classroom. By the time we dropped off JT and got to his room he had developed a blister. Poor little bug. He was trying so hard to be strong but was also so nervous. It just broke my heart. Luckily his teacher had some band-aids so we got one on and she said she would check on it later in the day.

This next photo is not  first day of school related but it is a first. A sweet friend stopped by on Saturday with my first baby gift (no I am not counting the diapers that I have been given although those are welcomed). Check out these two fabulously cute outfits! I have to admit that these two cuties have helped me get just a little more excited about the girls. Just look at those little coats!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Omigosh little coats!