4.07.2011

a letter from my desk

Work is out of control crazy right now. I spend most of my time looking at this:


The flowers are honeysuckle that are in bloom all over Austin right now and has a smell that reminds me of lilacs; one of the things I miss about the good ol' PNW. In fact, things here are really pretty right now because it is wild flower season. Of course, as I said, I am stuck at my desk most of the day so I have no photos and very little in the ways of updates. I can dig up a few though.

Zach 
Currently he is obsessed with Lady Gaga. At all times of the day he is singing various LG songs. (No mom, I dont think he knows what the lyrics mean but need I remind you that someone bought their daughter the Purple Rain record). He has also been coming home with lots of Lady Gage artwork/projects from school including his version of Rick's computer showing Lady Gaga on the music player. Zach has also been busy selling candy bars for his baseball team. He is a fabulous salesman although last night he discovered that he doesn't get to use the money to buy a new lego set and well you can imagine how long he cried.

JT
I find JT truly fascinating. His level and depth of curiousity always amazes and impresses me. Recently he was absorbed in a NOVA special that walked through the various projects and their progress as we try to get man (or woman) to Mars. Of course, he is knee deep in baseball and if he had his way, we would let him drop out of school so he could play and watch baseball all day. It is great fun to watch him play especially how serious he can get on the field.

Rick
He is building some sort of hut, lean-to, shack in the corner of the backyard. He swears it is a lawn shed although JT said something about it being a playhouse with some of dad's stuff in it and I have my suscipion that it is some sort of work shack for me since I think Rick is tired of me moping around the house and yelling at the stuffed bears in my office who don't seem to pull their weight.

In an odd family update, I feel that I have to admit to getting cable back. The boys were 98% sure that their lives would end if they couldn't watch baseball this year. We had planned on getting MLB network and streaming through the computer to the TV but they black out Rangers games in our area and that is most important team for the boys. Oddly, despite having cable back the boys still watch netflix shows. I confess that I caught an episode or two of the Real Housewives but for the most part we haven't changed our ways and we really are only watching baseball off cable (read that as ESPN and Fox Sports Southwest). And if for some strange reason, some executive or other person with pull at ATT Uverse reads this blog, it would be awesome if  you would let us pick a-la-carte channels rather than pay for all the channels we don't care about. Just a suggestion!

Well, that is the best I have for now.




2 comments:

Chandra said...

What no scan of the Gaga portrait?

thenguyens said...

I just looked at that very picture of Zach today as I was sorting through things. Sorting things in prep for my MOVE! Sounds like Zach and Eli could belt out some tunes together. I'm hoping they don't undestand the lyrics as well. :) xoxo

no pressure....but requesting more beach pictures!