1.05.2011

revising the resolutions

It was brought to my attention that some of my resolutions can’t really be mine because they are things others should be doing.


 
So with that said, I am revising a few:
 
1) No change – still not getting on facebook no matter how tempting

 
2) Ok –I do think the boys will work on being a little bit tidier. I toyed with the idea of creating one of those awards charts but I wonder if I can really maintain something like that all year. So I will ponder this one a little more but I promise that there will be few socks left around the house. For my part, I am going to work on making the bed, probably not every day but it is one of those weird things that makes me feel just a little bit better when it is done.

 
3) Projects – I admit, there isn’t much I do when it comes to putting in new floors. I helped Rick when we did the main part of the house but really it is all him. He does the hard work and I just lend a hand. I am leaving landscaping on the list primarily the front beds because I want to own that one since I am certain it only really bothers me. Projects that I think belong to me and therefore I am putting them on my resolution list:

 
  • Closet clean out especially our master bath closet, ok really all of our closets. They all need to be organized and it is going to be all me. I will take suggestions from the rest of the house and truth be told if anything needs to be built, I will rely on Rick.
  • Curtains – I picked up some curtains in the fall. I hung up one set but they need to be shortened (they are those fabulous curtains from Ikea where you get to set the length). So in that vein, I need to close out my curtain work, which also includes hanging curtains in the master bedroom and deciding whether I want to get new curtains in the dining room (which I am leaning towards so they match the living room). 
  • Bench redo – back in October I bought a piano bench at Round Top. My intention is to sand, paint, and recover and find the perfect home. It currently lives at the end of our bed and still has the “Sold- Megan” sticker on it.  
  • I am sure there are others but that is a good start for now.

4) Nothing really to change here but I do want to add that along with Meghan time, I need to work on less computer time. I need to get just a little better about figuring out this work at home thing. Some days I do it really well and others aren’t so great. I just need to learn to budget my time more wisely and maybe not expect to get 5000 things done in one day.

 

No comments: